Cornerstone Management provides a full range of residential property management services in the Greater Edmonton Area. Whether your investment is a single-family home, duplex, townhouse, four-plex or a single condominium unit or even a full apartment building we can offer competitive rates and over 30 years' experience in the property management industry.
Licensed through the Real Estate Council of Alberta our brokerage is composed of a team of licensed Property Managers and experienced office staff providing structure and experience to your investment. Our property managers current knowledge of the Edmonton Market paired with our aggressive advertising strategies give your rental property the care it deserves.
As we offer full service property management we everything from the securement and screening of tenants, to collecting rental incomes to handling maintenance requests. Abiding by the Residential Tenancy Act, we hold security deposits in trust accounts and perform proper move in and move out inspections allowing us to record and preserve the condition of the property, including making deductions for tenant related damages. This allows the rental process to be head-ache free for our clients.
As communication is key to servicing our client's investments, each month detailed statements are created and sent out to each owner, allowing them to track their investments status and finances. Our management fee, along with any other expenses incurred, is deducted from the rental income and the remaining balance is forwarded to the owner each month along with the statement.
While being competitive, our fee structure is also transparent and upfront to help avoid surprises, this allows our clients to plan their investments future with confidence.
Click here to view a copy of our Residential Management Package
Here is a quick overview of some of the tasks we perform as part of our Property Management services:
New Client Signing
- Obtain all necessary information on property and establish asking rental rate based on market value
- Obtain tenant files if currently rented, including leases, move in inspections and security deposits
- Obtain Condo bylaws, if applicable
- Collect keys, other access information
Vacant Property - Find a New Tenant
- Advertise property for rent on over 12 websites, including Kijiji, PadMapper and RentBoard
- Follow up on all inquiries and book appointments to show property to prospective tenants
- Review submitted applications, order credit reports, check references to screen prospective tenants
- Once approved, arrange for lease signing and collection security deposit (secured funds)
- Schedule a move in date and perform a move in inspection
Collection of Rent
- Rent is due and collected on the first of every month
- Tenants may pay by Automatic Withdrawal, Debit, or Post Dated Cheque
- If rent is not received, a follow up ensues and proper action is taken
Repairs and Maintenance
- Minor maintenance and emergency repairs are arranged by Property Manager
- Major (non-critical) repairs require at quotes and are subject to approval by owner
- Expenses charged to owner – to be paid in advance or deducted from gross rent income
- No administrative charges for arranging repairs and maintenance services
Payment to Owner
- Net revenue deposited at month-end to owner account
- Detailed statement emailed to owner each month-end
- Photocopies of repair and maintenance invoices included in monthly statements